Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Local Trooper Passes Away



It is with great sadness that we join our friends at the Ohio State Highway Patrol in announcing the passing of Trooper Daniel Laubacher. Dan, a 14 year veteran of the Ohio State Highway Patrol, passed away Tuesday night after collapsing at a friends house.

The cause of the death is unknown at this time. He was a member of the 134th Academy Class and worked at the Wooster Post and was a instructor at a local police academy. Trooper Laubacher also could often be found in our schools promoting safe driving. Known buy his friends as "Skinny" Dan was known to be a high energy and outgoing person.

He is survived by his wife, and three young children. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family, including his brother, who is a Sergeant at the Lima Patrol Post.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our family sends out our hearts and prayers to his family, friends, and coworkers.



The Noble's

mary kerhin said...

I am so sorry to hear of this tragedy ....i send my deepest sympathy to his family !
......mary kerhin ...Brewster ohio

Anonymous said...

Thank you for serving our community with respect and pride. Thoughts and prayers go out to Trooper Laubacher's family. God bless

Sincerely,
Winston

Ron canfield said...

SO SORRY TO HERE THE LOST OF TROOPER LAUBACHER! MY PRAYERS GOES OUT TO THE FAMILY . HOW YOUNG WAS HE?

Kari Lindsay said...

He graduated from Perry high school two years behind me and I graduated with his sister Angela. He was a wonderful guy. I have lived in Wayne County for twelve years and have been the wife of a Wooster City fireman for almost fifteen years. I have lived daily with the thought in the back of my head that he could go into work one day and not come home the rest. Just as I am sure Dan's wife felt when he would leave for work. This is such a tragedy. I know he is rejoicing in heaven with the Lord now but my thoughts and prayers are with his wife and children and also his family not only hear in Wayne County but his immediate family as well. R.I.P. Dan and thank you for your service.

Laura Meek said...

Sorry to hear of his passing. My thoughts and prayers to his family at home and at work.

Anonymous said...

Praying for his family.

DMO said...

I remember the day I shot that video, at Southeast High School in Palmyra, Ohio. Trooper Laubacher was incredibly energetic about traffic safety, and a very professional officer and source of information. He will be truly missed.

Dave O'Brien
Record-Courier
Kent, Ohio