Friday, December 7, 2012

A message from Sheriff Maurer

Sheriff Thomas G. Maurer
Dear Family, Friends and Associates,
On January 6, 2013, I will be stepping down as Wayne County’s 40th elected Sheriff. Having been elected to this office in 1997 I hope that our work has made Wayne County a better and safer place to live and it will just continue to get better every year as this office continues to grow in professionalism.

Over the past years I have been blessed to have a loving family who has sacrificed much for me, and a tremendous staff that works diligently everyday to make this county as safe as possible. This office has eliminated the waiting list of all sentenced individuals waiting their time to serve in jail, solved homicides, and kept within our allocated annual budget and still performed all duties as required. The men and women of this office are the best.


I leave this office with great anticipation on what lies ahead for me personally and professionally. Knowing that this Office of Sheriff is strong and will continue to always do well with the outstanding employees who work tirelessly in their duties makes this an easy transition.

 As I’ve always said, “Wayne County is a great place to live, work and play.” Toni and I plan on keeping our roots in Wooster, Wayne County to raise our family. This is where I was born, grew, educated and met and kept so many dear friends. Now it is time for us to get reacquainted with aspects of this community in a different way. Our family has always been a giving family. Now, we can give even more through different means.


I wish you all the every best and as they say, “We’ll see you around”. It has been an honor and a privilege to have served in my official capacity as Sheriff. It’s time now that you see me once again, out and about, but in my blue jeans.



Sincerely,


Thomas G. Maurer


Sheriff